Monday, November 1, 2010

Faux Tile Backsplash & Dining room

A couple of things that we have done to our home.  When we moved into our home 5 1/2 years ago we painted every wall.  On of those walls was the kitchen backsplash.  I picked a color I thought I liked and put it up.  From the moment it was finished I HATED it.  Not that it was a bad color or anything it was just basically the same color as the cabinets and it looked really strange. (a few painful years later when I could finally talk my husband into painting again)  We had the idea to make faux tile on the back splash instead.  I have loved it ever since.  Recently (like Friday) I helped my super talented friend Sharon over at This Thrifty House (I know I actually get to know her in real life) paint her backsplash I LOVE how she did hers so you should go check it out.  (and yes, those are the only things that get to live on my counter tops)

017

018

012010 
One thing I have always loved and still love 5 1/2 years later is our dining area.  We added the crown molding and the other wood at the bottom it was super easy and I LOVE the look.
 013 014  016

No comments: