Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pie #1 Luscious Lemon Pie

135

The first pie is from Andi Winslow over at The Wednesday Baker and it’s a Luscious Lemon Pie.  Stop by and say “hi” and let her know you saw her gorgeous pie.   Now a little bit about Andi.

A little about me... I'm a lover of cookies, I am a small town Maine girl who is addicted to sugar. I have a 5 year plan - bake cookies, work in my garden and plant flowers, and feed my wonderful husband Dick

Now that is one great five year plan!  Thanks for your pie recipe Andi and here it is.

Luscious Lemon Pie

The Carolina Collection

Jr. League of Fayetteville, North Carolina 1978

1 cup sugar

3 tbsp. cornstarch

1 tbsp. lemon rind, grated (2 Lemons)

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

4 tbsp. butter

1 cup milk

3 egg yolks, slightly beaten

1 cup sour cream

9 inch pie shell, baked

whipping cream

grated lemon rind (optional)

In a heavy saucepan add the sugar, cornstarch, lemon rind, butter, lemon juice, milk and egg yolks. Cook over medium heat until smooth and very thick, stirring constantly. When mixture comes to a boil remove it from the heat. Cover the saucepan and allow to cool. Then stir in the sour cream and pour mixture into your baked pie shell. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Top with whipped cream and grated lemon rind if desired.

120121122123126133135

This pie was super easy to make and if it taste as good as it looks, it will be a real winner.  I can’t wait to see what the judges think.

ENJOY!!

DON’T FORGET TO COME BACK & CHECK OUT TOMORROW’S PIE

P.S. Allrecipes is doing their pie countdown emails, so I thought I would share that link with you too at the end of each post.

Homemade Fresh Pumpkin Pie

So, I finally tasted the pie last night, and it is good.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my, this looks so good! I'm now debating about going to bed or making this, ekk! Thanks for sharing.

Mila said...

Oh my yumminess!
That looks so so good.

Jenn said...

This lemon pie sounds amazing!

Andi said...

Hi Jamie, Did you taste it? Hope so, After I made this pie I decided this is better than an orginal Lemon Meringue Pie. You did a great job. Thanks for making it. Andi the wednesday baker

I am anxious for the peanut butter pie. Hubby's favorite

EmmaJ said...

OK, that looks so easy and I have all those ingredients on hand. I think I may make a pie tonight.

South Bay Studio said...

I'll have to try your recipe. I love anything lemon. Looks delicious. Kathi

Ashlee Marie said...

I use the exact same lemon sour cream pie recipe!!! My FAVORITE!!! http://imtopsyturvy.com/lemon-sour-cream-pie-this-weeks-treat/