Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pie # 19 Strawberry Glazed Pie

007

This next pie comes from Jonna @ Journey with Jonna.  Take it away Jonna.  About me and my recipe: I'm a mother of two children and work as a direct sales consultant for Thirty-One Gifts.  I only recently started blogging and decided to incorporate some recipes because I love to cook, especially baking!  I grew up around the farm and always had freshly made pies, jams, cakes and more to look forward to when visiting my grandparents or my aunt.  I guess that's where my love of cooking stems from.  I always enjoyed helping out in the kitchen when I was growing up.  This particular recipe is a favorite of mine!  My aunt often made this when strawberries were in season.  My cousin and I would often go pick the berries at a local You-Pick-Em and then we'd help take the stems off the berries for my Aunt Annie.  It truly brings back wonderful childhood memories!

Strawberry Glazed Pie

CRUST:
Ingredients

  • 1-1/4 cups plus 1-tablespoon flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil

Directions

  1. Put flour in pie pan.
  2. Add remaining ingredients to pie pan.
  3. Mix in pie pan and press in pan.
  4. Prick with fork.
  5. Bake at 350F until golden brown.
  6. Remove and allow to cool

FILLING:
Ingredients

  • 4 cups sliced strawberries
  • 1-1/2 cups water
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • dash of salt
  • 3 oz. pkg strawberry jello

Directions

  1. Slice the strawberries and place in a bowl.
  2. Add water, sugar, cornstarch and salt to a saucepan.
  3. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes or until clear.
  4. Remove from heat.
  5. Add package of jello and stir until dissolved.
  6. Cool mixture.
  7. Pour glaze over strawberries.
  8. Pour filling into prepared pie crust.
  9. Refrigerate until set.
  10. Serve with whipped cream if desired.

This crust was super easy to make and you make it right in the pie plate.  I started off baking it for 15 min., then I just kept adding time until it was a nice golden brown. 

003004018019020021005024026

009

ENJOY!!

No comments: