This next pie comes from Jonna @ Journey with Jonna. Take it away Jonna. About me and my recipe: I'm a mother of two children and work as a direct sales consultant for Thirty-One Gifts. I only recently started blogging and decided to incorporate some recipes because I love to cook, especially baking! I grew up around the farm and always had freshly made pies, jams, cakes and more to look forward to when visiting my grandparents or my aunt. I guess that's where my love of cooking stems from. I always enjoyed helping out in the kitchen when I was growing up. This particular recipe is a favorite of mine! My aunt often made this when strawberries were in season. My cousin and I would often go pick the berries at a local You-Pick-Em and then we'd help take the stems off the berries for my Aunt Annie. It truly brings back wonderful childhood memories!
Strawberry Glazed Pie
- 1-1/4 cups plus 1-tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Put flour in pie pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to pie pan.
- Mix in pie pan and press in pan.
- Prick with fork.
- Bake at 350F until golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- dash of salt
- 3 oz. pkg strawberry jello
- Slice the strawberries and place in a bowl.
- Add water, sugar, cornstarch and salt to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes or until clear.
- Remove from heat.
- Add package of jello and stir until dissolved.
- Cool mixture.
- Pour glaze over strawberries.
- Pour filling into prepared pie crust.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.
This crust was super easy to make and you make it right in the pie plate. I started off baking it for 15 min., then I just kept adding time until it was a nice golden brown.