Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pie #10 No Bake Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake

014

Today’s pie comes from Kelli B over @ The inspired Collection Kelli says “ I came up with the recipe by researching different no bake options for cheesecake, because my poor oven has been broken for almost a month now and I was trying to come up with creative, yet still yummy ways to get around baking.”  Well I think she hit a homerun with this one!   Kelli is new to blogging but having a great time doing it.  Make sure and stop by and check out her great blog.  Now a little bit about Kelli.

I am a twenty-something newlywed and first time homeowner, and I love all things design. By day, I am a benefit analyst for a pension administration company, and by night/weekend I am a designista. My husband and I bought our first home as a new construction in June of 2010 and I believe I have spent any extra money I have on decorating and creating spaces I love. I enjoy creating spaces that are inviting, and warm. I love to cook and experiment with new projects and recipes all the time. If we are invited to a get together, you can put money on it that I will try a new recipe out and aim to please.

No Bake Lemon Raspberry cheesecake

Ingredients

1 graham cracker pie crust

8 oz. package reduced fat cream cheese

1 tub of reduced fat whipped topping

1 bag frozen raspberries (fresh would be better, but they did not have any when I went)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 lemons (zest of 2)

2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice

2/3 Cup of Sugar

Directions

In  bowl mix together the sugar and lemon zest until the sugar becomes moist and fragrant. Add cream cheese and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the lemon juice and vanilla extract, and then fold in the whipped topping. Once that is mixed, fold in the raspberries. (I beat the raspberries with a fork to mash them up a bit) Cover with wrap and let it refrigerate for 3 hours. Serve it with fresh raspberries (if available).

002004005009014

So I ended up using frozen raspberries too.  Even though I probably live in the raspberry capital of the world, it’s just not raspberry season.   My local grocery store did have fresh raspberries but I wasn’t willing to spend $10.00 on them.  But I think the frozen raspberries will work just fine.  This pie is very easy to make and very bright and yummy tasting.   Can’t wait to slice it up!! p.s I also used a larger graham cracker crust, the ones that serve 10 so next time I make it (because there will be a next time) I would use the regular 8 serving size crust.

5 comments:

KelliB said...

Thanks so much for making my pie!! I gave you a shout out on our Facebook page! Hope you enjoy it!!

Kelli @ www.theinspiredcollection.blogspot.com

Mila said...

My husband will love me forever when I make this, haha. Thanks for the recipe.

Caren said...

My mission companion made this pie for us one day. Great refresher and easy. -Caren with a "C" http://www.PreservingHomeBasics.com

Andi said...

Hi just stopping in to see how you are doing? half way done...how much weight have you gained. This pie looks delicious, I love raspberries.......happy baking andi

Miz Helen said...

We are going to just love your Cheesecake! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week end and please come back soon!
Miz Helen