Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Original “Please Restrain Me” Dinner Rolls

Here is the recipe for my rolls in all their calorie packed glory. 

051048

The Recipe
2 cups of warm water (110 degrees)
2 TB of yeast
3/4 cups of sugar
2 cubes of butter or margarine (softened)
2 eggs
1 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of baking powder
7 cups of flour.  (I like to use bread flour)

The Directions
Combine in a Mixer
2 cups warm water  (110 degrees)
2 T yeast
1 T sugar
Let it stand for about 5 min.

THEN ADD
7 cups of flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 cubes soft butter or marg.
3/4 cup of sugar
2 eggs

Mix for 2 min in your mixer your dough will be  sticky BUT if you feel like it needs more flour go ahead and add some.   Then let it rise until it doubles.
Dump dough out onto floured counter sprinkle more flour on top and knead until dough is smooth and can be rolled out without sticking too much.  This is where I like to add my flour to make my dough the consistency I’m looking for. 
Shape into whatever type of rolls you desire and let them rise for 30 min.
Bake at 350-375 for 12-15 min. 
If you make rolls where all of the sides are touching (like in a 9x 13 or something) make sure your oven rack is below the middle of the oven and bake at 350 for 20-25ish min.

2 comments:

The Mustard Seed said...

Hi.. I'm finding you from the linky party at Paisley Passions!

I love this recipe. It looks so simple and yummy. I'm going to follow your blog because I can't wait to see all the other goodies on it!

Angel

Anonymous said...

oh yes, the dinner roll is one of my favourites but alas is banned in my household right now as they may or may not be responsible for the roll that is my midsection! Great looking recipe!