Friday, November 5, 2010

Pie #5 Mile-High Peanut Butter-Brownie Pie

Here is the recipe for today’s pie (this is the kind of pie you gain weight just by reading the title)

 Mile-High Peanut Butter-Brownie Pie  YIKES!!

043

And the verdict on yesterday’s Sweet Potato Pecan Pie

The critics gave it a random smattering of stars ranging from

 4 – 5.5 for taste.  The general consensus was that it had too many nuts in the filling.  But the overall taste was good. I give this a

 4 for ease of preparation just because it takes a little longer to make BUT I would make this again with a decrease in the amount of nuts.

Pie #5 Mile-High Peanut Butter Brownie Pie

Well it called for a premade crust but that kind of thing doesn’t fly around here so I made a crust.

007 008 009 012

After your crust is ready you mix your brownie mix up and add some peanut butter chips to the brownies.  (do you like how I won’t buy a pie crust but I’m okay with buying boxed brownies)

 005 006

007

Once it’s nicely mix you add it to your unbaked pie shell.  I have to admit when I was doing this I kept thinking is a pie crust REALLY necessary?  Then you bake it for about 40 min.

 008 009

You cover up the crust after about 20 min of baking with one of these things.

 010

Once it’s done in the oven you have to let it cool for about 20 minutes on the counter and then about an hour in the fridge.

 033

After it’s cooled you mix up the topping you add peanut butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar to a mixer and mix until smooth. 

 034

Then you gently fold in an 8 oz container of cool whip.

035

Then you spread all of that on tip of the brownie pie and top it with mini chocolate chips and chopped nuts. 

  037

The VERDICT

I would give this pie 4 stars for ease of preparation just because it has a lot of different steps.  This Pie is totally over the top when it comes to richness.  When I was making it I thought it was a bit weird and not really my idea of a pie.  I probably would probably only make this again if I wanted to put someone into a diabetic coma.  BUT THAT SAID…

It had good flavors in very small quantities my husband said it’s like a 12-15 person pie and he gave it 4 stars for taste. MY KIDS LOVED IT !! Really what’s not for a kid to love… brownies, peanut butter, cool whip it was right up their alley. But I’ll just say it’s very unique.  :)

No comments: