Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful Turkeys

Another activity for the kids.  The kids did this activity at church and I thought it was a great idea and I wanted to do it for our family too.

019

You will need

  • 1 jar
  • 1 brown lunch sack
  • construction paper
  • 1 short wooden spoon
  • google eyes
  • red felt
  • orange ribbon

Directions

First you’ll take your jar and place it inside your brown lunch sack.  I weighted my jar with a little bag of rice. 

017022

Then I made feet with some orange ribbon and hot glued them to the bottom of the lunch sack.

015020

Then I found a super short wooden spoon that I have been hanging onto forever, I believe it originally came in a pack of 3 from the dollar store.  I added google eyes and a construction paper beak and a red felt waddle.

016021

Make some construction paper feathers.  When you are done with the feathers everyone takes as many as they need and then they write what they are thankful for on the feathers and then you tape them to the back of the turkey.  Now you have a cute, fast, easy, kid friendly display for all of your blessings this year!

019

No comments: