Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pie # 10 Chocolate Silk Pecan Pie

Here is the recipe for today's pie Chocolate Silk Pecan Pie

 025

and the VERDICT on yesterdays abomination I mean Cheddar Pear Pie

IT WAS TOTALLY DISCUSTING!!! I can’t in good conscience give this pie to anyone.  I always make a tiny little pie for our family (I’ll post pictures of the tiny pie pieces sometime they’re hilarious) and one bite of this nastiness is all anyone needs.  Maybe you could eat it slathered in caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. It even SMELLED NASTY while it was baking.  Granted I did follow everyone’s suggestions on allrecipes and used sharp cheddar so maybe if you went with something more mild it would be better or you could follow my suggestion and LEAVE THE CHEESE OUT OF IT ALLTOGETHER!  Anyway I give it a 1 star for taste and 4 stars for ease of preparation and  a big thumbs down to wasting all my yummy pears.

Pie # 10 Chocolate Silk Pecan Pie

First thing you’ll need is another pie crust. (yeah!) Have a mentioned before how much I love making pie crusts? Well I do.

001

Then in a bowl you whisk your 2 eggs and then add your sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt and beat that for about 1 minute.

002005

until it gets nice and thickish / foamy it also turns a nice creamy whitish yellow color.

009

Then you add 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.

012

013

Give it a good mix and pour all of it into your prepared pie shell. Bake it at 350 degrees for about 40 min.  Or until the middle is set and the top is a nice golden brown color.  (I forgot to take of picture of it after it come out of the oven sorry) Once it’s done it needs to cool for at least an hour.

 015016

Meanwhile you make the chocolate filling.  It’s really simple you take one cup of hot milk (I used 2%) and one 12 oz bag of semi – sweet chips and 1/4 tsp of vanilla and blended all up in your blender until it’s nice and smooth.   You let this chill in your blender still in the refrigerator for about 1.5 hours. 018 019 023

Then you pour it into your pie shell and let it set again in the refrigerator for another hour.  Then you top it with whipping cream and whatever else you want.  I went with mini chocolate chips and toffee bits. ENJOY!

024 025

The Verdict

This pie gets a 3 stars for ease of preparation.  Not because any of it was hard to do but because it had so many steps and it took awhile to make it.  That said it was fun to make and I would do it again if it tastes good.  I’ll just have to wait for the taste verdict to let you know.

No comments: