Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Po Cake

My daughter wanted a Kung Fu Panda cake for her birthday and my hubby came up with this design.  It was easy and cute. So in honor of Kung Fu Panda 2 here is the Po cake.

You’ll Need

cake mix

2 blue Jelly Belly Jelly Beans

Pull n Peel Licorice

Black sprinkles or icing.

Divide your cake mix into 2 round cake pans + 2 cupcakes.  Bake according to package directions.

IMG_1160

After the cake has cooled stack your cakes on top of each other and ice with white icing. Using black sprinkles or black icing shape eyes and nose.  We used a homemade stencil to make the eyes and nose and then sprinkled the sprinkles nice and thick. This worked awesome, but when we took the stencil off some of the extra sprinkles that were on the stencil fell through the eye and nose holes and got on the white parts of the cake. Then add your blue Jelly Belly jelly beans for eyes, and the licorice for the mouth.  For the ears ice your cupcakes with chocolate icing and sprinkle with black sprinkles or just ice with black icing. Enjoy!

7 comments:

AsylumTanya said...

CUTE! I'd better not let my kids see this or they will want me to make one for them right now! Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

This is adorable! I have a friend who loves pandas so I'm going to send her this link :)
Check out my latest post and link up:
Wedding Link Up

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

I love the Kung Fu Panda movies! And I could actually do this cake, love it so much!

Mimi said...

Love Pandas! And this cake! Thank you for the easy to understand directions here for one yummy looking cake. Just betting it was a huge hit!

Miz Helen said...

What a lucky little Birthday Girl to have such a special and talented Mom! That cake is just precious, and it looks so good, but I would hate to cut it, it is just to cute. Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!

Emily Thompson said...

SO cute!!! Come on over this week and link to my Tasty Tuesday party! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

Self Sagacity said...

My Trinity loves looking at all your food posts. Love the slap chop video. :-)