Thursday, January 27, 2011

Valentine for Him

I thought I would share with you the idea I had for my husbands Valentine this year.  It was super easy and fun to make and it was free –ish (it would be totally free if you didn’t frame it) First you need to create your crossword, I like to use puzzlemaker.com.  They have lots of puzzles you can make but I picked a crossword, so I could make it really personal to us. I just filled it with random facts from our lives together and a few inside jokes. After I made the crossword I copied and pasted it into my PrintMaster program and added all of the extra clip art. I printed two copies one for him to solve and one to frame.  The one in the frame I printed on photo paper, that’s why it’s so shiny.  Puzzle-maker (a different site) lets you print out a solved copy of your puzzle too if you wanted to frame the answered one.  
036
Then I found an old document frame that we weren’t using anymore. Forever ago I had painted it white so today I just added some black paint. Wondering how I made the design in the paint? I used a cupcake wrap kinda like a stencil and sponged some black paint over the top.  Cause nothing says Happy Valentines like black paint.
041
046
047
048
I’m very happy with how it turned out and I really hope he likes it too!


22 comments:

Caty said...

This is SO great! I've been absolutely crazy trying to figure out what I was going to do for my husband (we're on a SUPER tight budget) and this is just perfect! Thank you so much for sharing this! I'm going to be sharing it on my blog!! haha!

www.paidinsmilesgigglesandkisses.blogspot.com

April said...

Hi! I’m your newest follower. Please stop by and follow back when you have a chance. You can also add your blog to our Blog Hop! Have a Sweet Friday.
http://www.AMommysSweetBlogDesign.com
http://www.MommysReviewsandGiveaways.com

Katherine said...

This is wonderful! I'm blog hopping today and found your lovely blog. Wishing you a happiness, Katherine

Rachael@Lovely Crafty Home said...

What an awesome idea!! Thanks so much for linking up :)

memo2jeri said...

Thanks for the cute idea! I love thoughtful and personalized gifts like this. I'm going to try it :)

Bobbi said...

I love it! I'm totally stealing the idea! Very, very creative and romantic and beautiful!

Reginia @NotSoModern said...

So totally stinking CUTE!
Great idea -- I am going to do this for my Anniversary soon :)

Marie said...

That's an awesome gift! I love it! :) It's so personal--that's what makes it special.

Katherine said...

I just love this! Hope he can solve it! Such a cute idea!! Thanks for linking this up to Gettin' Krafty With It!

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

Ladette said...

Love this idea! tfs!

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing such a fantastic idea, it looks fab!

April said...

fabulous idea!

Maggie Lamarre said...

omg this is just such an excellent idea :)

Don't forget to link this at our weekly link party every Wednesday,

http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/02/fun-ideas-for-valentine-day-2011be.html

thank you,
Maggie

Unknown said...

This is awesome! Such a great way to show that special guy how much you love him.. without being too gushy of course! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

Jaime said...

I found your blog through another that linked to this crossword puzzle. And I had to laugh after I read your "about me" info where you ended it with "CHEERS Jaime". My name is Jaime, too! And, we spell it the same. I wondered how your blog knew my name and personalized my visit... :-) Too funny! Great name! :-) Great Valentine idea, too. Thanks!

Giggles said...

What a fun idea. We used a crossword for our Christmas card this year and it was very well received. I think framing it is a great idea.

Found you on MMB.

Erica {B is for Boy} said...

This is such a cute idea! I am thinking that it would be a great lunch note (not that I normally pack his lunch but it would be a special occasion!)
Thanks for the idea!
Erica @ http://bisforboycreations.blogspot.com/

Auntie T said...

I love making personalized crosswords. I love that you printed one out on photo paper and framed it. Great idea!

Kathy said...

What a clever and awesome idea. I am posting a link back to your blog from Smart Buy Gal! Great stuff you got here!

Jill Marie said...

this was great i am going to do this for our anniversary.

Naturally Me Creations said...

Very cute idea!!