Friday, September 23, 2011

Pancake Mix

I tried 2 different recipes for homemade pancake mix.  One you keep in your refrigerator and one you keep in the pantry.  I thought they both were great, but I’ll keep making the one you keep in the pantry because I never have much room in the refrigerator.

019

Pantry Mix

4 cups flour

2 cups wheat flour

2/3 cups of sugar

2 TBS baking powder

1 TBS baking soda

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until their combined.  Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.  I would also double or triple this recipe for our family of 7.  One batch doesn’t make much.

To Make Pancakes

Add 1 egg and 2/3 cups (ish) milk to every 1 cup mix. The original recipe called for 3/4 cup of milk but it was way to much, so play with that part a bit.  ALSO we have a lot of powdered milk so next time I make this I would add 1 cup of dry milk to the mix and just use water to make the pancakes.

006007

009

Fridge Mix

4 cups of flour

2 cups of whole wheat flour

1 TBS. salt

1 cup dry milk powder

1 cup shortening

1/2 cup sugar

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until their combined.  Store in your refrigerator.  I would also double or triple this recipe for our family of 7.  One batch doesn’t make much.

To Make Pancakes

Mix 1 1/3 cups of mix, with 1 egg and 3/4 cup of water.

010011

ENJOY!!

On the horizon

  • Leftover pancake bake
  • 015
  • French Herb Bread (seriously awesome bread)
  • 039
  • Crumble Top Banana bread
  • 027

2 comments:

Karen said...

OHHHH MYYY I am trying this tomorrow morning!! Thanks so much!!! I can't wait to see the Crumble Top Banana Bread!

Cavinder Family said...

Love all of the recipes! I think I may try some of the bread!