Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sunflower Playhouse

Wouldn’t this be so awesome to have in your backyard! Someday I will have one.  I found this at a local park last year and fell in love with the idea.  I wish I had room for one, I don’t but I thought I would share it with you incase some of you do.  I should have shared it sooner, but you still might have time to get one in this year depending on where you live.

079

It looks pretty easy.  They have 6 metal poles and some fencing that they have set up in a circle, leaving and opening for the door.  Then they planted a circle of sunflowers on the inside and the outside of the fencing.

081080082

Eventually the sunflowers enclose this little playhouse really nicely.  The sunflowers are really tall ones I would guess 6-8 feet.

083

Fast forward a few months and you have an awesome playhouse.  This is a view from the inside of the playhouse looking out.  I took these pictures last fall, I thought I had some from the outside but I can’t find them.

014015016

Hopefully you can get the idea of how cool this looks.  I'll go back in a few months and take more pictures.

4 comments:

jess@balancing the dream said...

very cool!! I know I would have loved that as a kid!!

Lana said...

Thanks for the awesome idea! We just mowed down our sunflower garden...it looked like a jungle! Wish I done a circle!

Blessings,

Lana @ ilovemy5kids

THEBUZYBUG said...

Wow...looks amazing! TFS!

Christie said...

That is amazing!! What a magical "secret" playhouse area for kids!