Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mango Freezer Jam

I lOVE mangos. Last year I decided I wanted to make some mango freezer jam, and I searched high and low for a recipe that just used mangos.  I couldn’t find one, so I ended up creating one.  This year the box of pectin I bought had a recipe in it.  I made that recipe and it worked out just as awesome as it did last year.  Freezer jam is super yummy, super fast and super easy. You'll need

021

1 box of pectin

3/4 cup of water

*5 cups of sugar

3 cups of smashed mango pulp.  (about 4 medium)

1/4 cup of lemon juice.

Measure exact amount of mango pulp in a large bowl, add lemon juice and exact amount of sugar.  Mix and let sit for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally .  After 10 min, in a small sauce pan mix the box of pectin with 3/4 cup of water, bring to a boil over high heat.  Boil hard for 1 minute.  Poor pectin into fruit mixture and stir until all the sugar is dissolved about 3 min.  Poor into clean freezer containers and let sit on the counter for 24 hours.  Then place them in your freezer for up to a year or in your refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.

The fruit mixture

007

The pectin

009

The jam.

I ended up with 6 of these little guys

021

plus and extra 2 cups.

022

Enjoy!

Next I’m making strawberry/mango, and then strawberry/raspberry.  YUM!

5 comments:

Cody said...

Oooh yummy!! I make strawberry-mango jam every year but never tried just mango, I think I will this year. Thanks for sharing!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Yum ... that sounds so great. Next time I get a great price on mangoes, I'm definitely trying this!

KB said...

Looks delish. We'd love you to share your recipe with us at
Simply Delish.

KB said...

Thanks for sharing with
Simply Delish.
Hope to see you again next weekend.

web said...

Pretty looking Mango Freezer Jam , feel like having some..http://www.apexmatch.com/fruitpulp.html