Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mango Freezer Jam

I lOVE mangos. Last year I decided I wanted to make some mango freezer jam, and I searched high and low for a recipe that just used mangos.  I couldn’t find one, so I ended up creating one.  This year the box of pectin I bought had a recipe in it.  I made that recipe and it worked out just as awesome as it did last year.  Freezer jam is super yummy, super fast and super easy. You'll need

021

1 box of pectin

3/4 cup of water

*5 cups of sugar

3 cups of smashed mango pulp.  (about 4 medium)

1/4 cup of lemon juice.

Measure exact amount of mango pulp in a large bowl, add lemon juice and exact amount of sugar.  Mix and let sit for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally .  After 10 min, in a small sauce pan mix the box of pectin with 3/4 cup of water, bring to a boil over high heat.  Boil hard for 1 minute.  Poor pectin into fruit mixture and stir until all the sugar is dissolved about 3 min.  Poor into clean freezer containers and let sit on the counter for 24 hours.  Then place them in your freezer for up to a year or in your refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.

The fruit mixture

007

The pectin

009

The jam.

I ended up with 6 of these little guys

021

plus and extra 2 cups.

022

Enjoy!

Next I’m making strawberry/mango, and then strawberry/raspberry.  YUM!

5 comments:

Cody said...

Oooh yummy!! I make strawberry-mango jam every year but never tried just mango, I think I will this year. Thanks for sharing!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Yum ... that sounds so great. Next time I get a great price on mangoes, I'm definitely trying this!

KB said...

Thanks for sharing with
Simply Delish.
Hope to see you again next weekend.

Anonymous said...

Pretty looking Mango Freezer Jam , feel like having some..http://www.apexmatch.com/fruitpulp.html

Unknown said...

How much pectin is needed?