Monday, June 27, 2011

Patriotic Skirts

Well I finished two of the three skirts. I’m really happy with how they came out, but the pictures didn’t come out that great, because I already packed the camera that takes the best pictures for girls camp.  Oh well… the girls will still look super cute in them.

019020025

The little red ribbon says Proud to be an American.  Love it!

028

I sewed the the small red white and blue ribbon on top of the solid white ribbon.  I used a blue bobbin and a white top thread and tried really hard to sew down the middle of the little itty bitty white part.  So that way it looks like it has dots.

014

My Project 12-001

10 comments:

Sharon@thisthriftyhouse said...

Ok--those are just darn cute! Are your girls going to wear them in the parade? Have fun at camp! Call me when you get home!

Denise said...

I love the fabric and the ribbon. It all goes so well together. Nice job.

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Those skirts are ADORABLE!! Thanks for linking @'Sew Cute Tuesday'!

Sam Findlay said...

Super cute!!

Snips & Spice said...

These are too cute! I just found your blog on Sugar Bee Crafts. I love the paisley's in your design; I'm your newest follower, and I would love for you to stop by and say hi.

http://snips-and-spice.blogspot.com/

Joyce said...

These are super cute....did you use a set pattern?

Stephanie said...

Those are adorable, you are so talented.

Caren with a "C" said...

I made 3 tiered skirts last year for my daughters for the 4th of July. I love the patriotic ribbon! Nice touch! Were the stripes hard to get straight on the bottom?

EmmaJ said...

Way cute skirts! I love the ribbon.

Unknown said...

Those are really cute! I always make my youngest a 4th of July "something". Visiting from Dittle Dattles Amaze Me Monday.
Hope you all have a happy 4th!