Friday, July 8, 2011

Swim Cover +

I was digging around in my closet when I found these super cute towels I got on clearance last year for $2.00!  Then it made me think that my youngest girl really needed a new swim cover, since she grew out of the one I made her last year.   I followed my awesome friend Sharon over at This Thrifty House great tutorial you can find it here.  If you haven’t been over to Sharon’s awesome blog you should go visit!  She has tons of awesome stuff and great ideas.  PLUS she just bought a new house and has tons, and tons of great projects lined up to show off.  I was just over to her house today and was really impressed with all that’s going on.  Seriously go check it out!

On to the swim cover

I’m not going to give you the full details, you can go check out the tutorial if you want to make one.  The only thing I did differently is to add a little ruffle on the bottom of the swim cover, and a couple of cute buttons.  It really is super easy and cute.  They work perfect.  Happy Summer!!

008014018019020

I had enough extra towel to make a couple of bibs & 2 burb rags for my sister’s baby. I just surged the edges and added a snap on the bibs.  Nothing fancy, just a good use of left over towel.

024025027

2 comments:

Amy said...

That is so cute! I don't know why I paid $10 for one at Target when I can just make one too. I gotta keep my eyes open for some cute towels now. Thanks for sharing!

Sharon@thisthriftyhouse said...

Aawww! Thanks for saying such nice things about me and my blog! This cover turned out so cute. I wish I had added a ruffle to Nicole's. Have a great trip!