Sunday, October 2, 2011

Melted Witch Cookies

On the first Monday of the month in October our family has a little secret tradition.  I can’t tell you what it is, because it’s a secret.  BUT I will tell you it’s lots of fun and involves delivering Halloween goodies to our friends and neighbors.  This year we made melted witch cookies for that tradition.

113

You’ll Need

  • Round sugar cookies
  • Green cookie icing
  • Black cookie icing
  • Round sprinkles
  • Chocolate Bugles (chips)
  • Mini Oreo’s
  • Pretzel sticks
  • Triscuit Crackers

092

First take your sugar cookie and make a green puddle.

093

Then add the witch hat.  To make the hat use half of a mini Oreo and 3/4 of a chocolate Bugle. Then cover the Bugle with black cookie icing and add a round sprinkle for the buckle on the hat.

094

Add the broom.  Make the broom by using more cookie icing to adhere  broken pieces of Triscuit crackers to a pretzel stick. (Someone also added eyes to this one.)

096100105110113121

ENJOY!!

9 comments:

Natasha in Oz said...

They are so cute! Your friends and family are very lucky to be receiving these special treats.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

Very yummy - would be hard to eat them though as they look so good. Well, I think I could manage one or two or......

Jill

Laura Everyday Edits said...

New follower from linky party. These are adorable! We have the same tradition at our house! Shhh..

laura@imnotatrophywife.com

http://imnotatrophywife.com

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

These are awesome. I hope you will link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party.

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2011/09/wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas-linky.html

MJ said...

so cute! great idea, i love them :)

Rachael @ The Little Birdie said...

How cute!! And probably also fun for the kids to help with, too! I'm visiting from the NJAH linky party, I hope you'll pop by and say hello!

http://littlebirdiebaby.blogspot.com/2011/10/tutorial-tuesday-linky-party-trio-of.html

I also have a linky party every Tuesday and would love it if you'd link up your tutorial, I'm featuring recipes this week! :) xoxo

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Those are so cute and creative! I think I will make some for a Halloween party I am going to. I am a new follower from Too Cute Tuesday.
Vicky from www.messforless.net

Just Jaime said...

Really fun! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

I just realized that I forgot to tell you I featured your project! :) http://www.polishthestars.com/2011/10/halloween-link-party_17.html