Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Irish Soda Bread

A couple of years ago I was searching for a new recipe for St. Patrick’s day and I came across Irish Soda Bread at allrecipes.  IT IS AWESOME!  Now I make it every year for St. Patrick’s Day and a few other times during the year as well. It’s super easy and delicious.  I have also brought it to school to share with my daughters classes on St. Patty’s Day.  There is always a discussion on allrecipes about  which ones are really traditional but since they’re super tasty I don’t really care.  

Irresistible Irish Soda Bread

Amazingly Easy Irish Soda Bread

Irish Soda Bread

Here is a version that doesn’t use buttermilk ( I haven’t tried this one before). .  Nana Dot’s Irish Soda Bread

But you can always substitute milk + vinegar for buttermilk in a recipe.  1 TBS of vinegar + 1 cup of milk = 1 cup of buttermilk.  You should let the vinegar and milk mixture set for 5 minutes before using it in your recipe

Today I made the Irresistible Irish Soda Bread.   Once you mix all of your ingredients it’s more of a wet biscuit.  I like to bake mine in my circle casserole dish. 

266268270274

It’s so good and super easy to make you should give it a go sometime.

276

“Holy enormous slab of butter batman!”

10 comments:

Brandette L said...

Which is your favorite recipe? I was looking at all of these on All Recipes last night but wasn't sure which would be easiest and taste the best. I am a novice bread maker trying to learn and start doing it more. I wanted to try Irish Bread for our supper on St. Patty's Day this year.

Huggs and Kisses xo said...

Irish soda bread...wow I haven't made this in a long time. I like your recipe and the bread looks so yummy!! I showcased it on my blog along with a link back to you. Thank you for sharing and I can't wait to bake me some bread... Thanks! johanna xo

Jaime @ I'm a Mom not a Professional said...

I like the Irresistible Irish Soda Bread the best, but really they are all about the same.

Ott, A. said...

Just Stopping by from TMTT. I wanted to invite you to check out my Iron Chef Challenge This month's themed ingredient is canned tomatoes, so link up a recipe using those and you could win a prize. It should be a lot of fun, hope you can join us!!

Krafty Kat said...

Sounds great. I have never had this before. Thanks for linking up!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Looks yummy! Not as intimidating as I would have thought it to be! Great job!

Kerri

Brianna said...

this looks YUMMY

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

Thanks for coming by and linking up to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS "everything green"! Each Monday is a new theme and on this Monday it will be CHOCOLATE... CHOCOLATE... and MORE CHOCOLATE. I hope you have a recipe to come link-up (or maybe this will inspire you to make something new this weekend). Hope to see ya Monday at THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS!

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

Kat from California said...

I just tried soda bread for the first time on St. Patrick's Day. I bought it at the grocery store and I loved it. Unfortunately I was the only one that liked it (unfortunate for my waistline, fortunate for my taste buds. lol I'll have to make it now.

Thanks for sharing, Katharine

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

I'd like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-8-turkey.html

I hope to see you there!
Cheers!
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick