Tuesday, March 15, 2011

End table Makeover

Living room makeover project #4 End table

I found this piece at the same time I found my awesome sewing chair.  I have wanted a end table for a while and I loved this one because it has two little drawers in it, perfect for storing my magazines and other books.  I recently bought a new rug for my living room and I loved the leaf patterns all throughout the rug so I thought I would incorporate the leaves into my end table.  I again used clear contact paper to get the look I wanted.  Who knew contact paper was so cool.

The End Table

065

First thing I did was sand it down and paint the top of it white the color I wanted the leaf to be.

021Then I found a leaf in the carpet that I wanted to copy.  If you look real close you can see the contact paper over the leaf.  I copied it with black Sharpie.

011

Then I cut it out and placed it on the top of the end table.

016

Then I painted over it with dark chocolate brown.

024

Then I rubbed stain all over the end table so that the white wasn’t so bright.

025

BEFORE

065

AFTER

 

032033043045

Project #1 Burnt Lunch Sack Wreath

Project #2 Sewing Table

Project #3 Sewing Chair

7 comments:

Katie @ EyeSpyDIY said...

So much cuter after! I love the color you chose!!!

Brandy J. said...

This is so fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration.

Ashley said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!! so well done:) and so cute

Mel Creates Often said...

Oh my gosh, this is awesome! How did you come up with this? I just love it. Can't wait to try on my daughter's boring desk.

Katherine said...

You are so clever! Love that leaf design- it really adds interest to the table. Thanks for sharing this at Gettin' Krafty With It!

EllensCreativePassage said...

Great job! Looks beautiful beside that chair!

Home Stars said...

what a great transformation!! It looks fabulous
Table With 4 Chairs
Furniture Stores Denver