Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sewing Table Makeover

Living room makeover project #2 Sewing Table.

I was trolling Craigslist one day and I found this awesome sewing table.  I fell in love with it.  I just loved the style and it’s overall look, I knew when I saw it that I wanted it.  I really am happy with the end results.

BEFORE

066

AFTER

027

My hubby sanded it down for me, and then I painted it, I love the contrast of the black top with the white underneath.  Then I sanded part of the paint off and rubbed stain all over it including the top, then wiped it off, rubbed it on wiped it off you know the drill.

030

I love the original hardware, but they needed a little help so I spray painted those a nice silver and let some of the old color shine through on the edges for a little bit of contrast. 

031

033034

again

BEFORE

066

AFTER

030

Project #1  – Burnt Lunch Sack Wreath

Project #3 – Sewing Chair

Project #4 – End Table

9 comments:

Miz Helen said...

I just love your cabinet, it looks so good. You have inspired me to do something with mine. Thank you for sharing and have a good week!

Marisa Stein said...

that looks cool!!

Lisa said...

Wow! What a great makeover! It looks brad new! Great job : )

DWYHomemaking said...

You have created an excellent makeover! Thanks for linking up at Unwasted Homemaking :).

www.dontwasteyourhomemaking.com

Sharon@thisthriftyhouse said...

I LOVE IT!!! Where are you going to put it?!! Can't wait to see!

Krafty Kat said...

You did a fabulous job and what a great CL find! Love the silver hardware too! Thanks for linking up!

Amanda @ Ninth Street Notions said...

Great project! I also really like the color contrast. Thanks for linking up at I Made It! Monday at Ninth Street Notions. Can't wait to see what you have this week.

Torie Hayes said...

This is great! I got a sewing cabinet for my birthday and so far it has just been an eye sore to me...you have inspired me to bring it to life! Great job!

Shelly said...

This is fantastic! Great Job! I am looking around via a linky party that started at http://simplydesigning.blogspot.com/2011/03/diy-shimmery-puffy-paint-kid-craft.html. (The party didn't START here, the Blogger was a participant in the party.) Anyway, your blog is so much fun!