Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sewing Table Makeover

Living room makeover project #2 Sewing Table.

I was trolling Craigslist one day and I found this awesome sewing table.  I fell in love with it.  I just loved the style and it’s overall look, I knew when I saw it that I wanted it.  I really am happy with the end results.

BEFORE

066

AFTER

027

My hubby sanded it down for me, and then I painted it, I love the contrast of the black top with the white underneath.  Then I sanded part of the paint off and rubbed stain all over it including the top, then wiped it off, rubbed it on wiped it off you know the drill.

030

I love the original hardware, but they needed a little help so I spray painted those a nice silver and let some of the old color shine through on the edges for a little bit of contrast. 

031

033034

again

BEFORE

066

AFTER

030

Project #1  – Burnt Lunch Sack Wreath

Project #3 – Sewing Chair

Project #4 – End Table

9 comments:

Miz Helen said...

I just love your cabinet, it looks so good. You have inspired me to do something with mine. Thank you for sharing and have a good week!

Marisa said...

that looks cool!!

Lisa said...

Wow! What a great makeover! It looks brad new! Great job : )

Marcie @ DWYH said...

You have created an excellent makeover! Thanks for linking up at Unwasted Homemaking :).

www.dontwasteyourhomemaking.com

Sharon@thisthriftyhouse said...

I LOVE IT!!! Where are you going to put it?!! Can't wait to see!

Katherine said...

You did a fabulous job and what a great CL find! Love the silver hardware too! Thanks for linking up!

Amanda said...

Great project! I also really like the color contrast. Thanks for linking up at I Made It! Monday at Ninth Street Notions. Can't wait to see what you have this week.

Torie Hayes said...

This is great! I got a sewing cabinet for my birthday and so far it has just been an eye sore to me...you have inspired me to bring it to life! Great job!

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said...

This is fantastic! Great Job! I am looking around via a linky party that started at http://simplydesigning.blogspot.com/2011/03/diy-shimmery-puffy-paint-kid-craft.html. (The party didn't START here, the Blogger was a participant in the party.) Anyway, your blog is so much fun!