Friday, November 18, 2011

Pie #18 Pumpkin Toffee Cheesecake

022

This next recipe comes from Rebekah and you can find Rebekah @  Somewhere in the Middle.  Here’s Rebekah- I've been writing since 2006 when I moved from Alaska to Texas with my new hubby and started my blog up to keep in touch with the friends and family I left behind. 
I still post updates on my family but have also started blogging about my interests - mainly crafting, DIY, and yummy new recipes my family and I have tried and liked.
This cheesecake was something I made for a friends teenage son on his 15th birthday and was a huge hit!  I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but the pumpkin/toffee combination ended up being completely delicious.  We all agreed it was a keeper recipe!
(It was adapted from a recipe found on allrecipes.com)

Pumpkin Toffee Cheesecake

CRUST:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 TBSP sugar
8 TBSP butter or margarine, melted
CHEESECAKE:
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (I actually used pumpkin pie mix)
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 large eggs
2 TBSP cornstarch
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup crushed toffee candies
TOPPING:
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream, at room temperature
2 TBSP granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Caramel ice cream topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar.
Press onto bottom and 1-inch up side of 9-inch spring form pan.
Chill in refrigerator while preparing cheesecake.
For Cheesecake: Beat cream cheese and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cornstarch and cinnamon and beat well.
Pour into crust and bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly.
Remove from oven and top with toffee candy pieces.
For Topping: Combine sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl and mix well.
Spread over warm cheesecake and bake for 8 minutes.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Refrigerate overnight.
Remove side of spring form pan.
Drizzle with caramel topping, and more toffee pieces before serving.

002004005008010013015016017018019

022

Enjoy!!

No comments: