So I know you don’t know this, because I haven’t posted any of them, but I have been in a sewing mood lately and yesterday I finished my 4th dress. Currently I’m working on non-matching/matching dresses for all my girls to wear to my 2nd daughters baptism coming up in March! The first one is finished a turned out great. BUT that is not what I wanted to share with you today (I’ll share those when all 3 of them are finished). SEW I decided to try and make a dress that required buttons for my 3 year old. I found some really cute corduroy that I wanted to use and as I was looking through the patterns I found a pattern that’s style, I thought matched corduroy really well. So I got it. LATER when I actually got around to reading the directions I realized it had BUTTONS as fasteners, like real live buttons, not fake decoration type buttons. Needless to say I was a little nervous, but I like a challenge so I decided to try the button instead of doing what my brain was screaming at me to do, (you know like cheat and use snaps or Velcro or something). The top of the dress came together flawlessly, then it came time to actually sew on the buttons. Well I’ll forgo the sad story of me spending 3 hours looking for, while tearing apart my entire house something I thought I needed, to then borrowing it from a friend, to finding out I had what I needed along. Sorry this is all getting really long. In short I read the directions and made beautiful practice button holes! I was ecstatic, then when I went to do it on the actual dress, well let just say that, they work great and it could have been worse. All in all I’m glad I tried it and I would definitely try it again. Lessons learned: Reading directions, really helps. Trying something new is always an adventure!! So here is the finished product, I can never get that great of pictures of dresses sorry.
Oh there is suppose to be a band at the bottom of the dress in a contrasting color, I left that off for now because, the buttons I had didn’t match any of the colors of fabric, I had and it looked really funny, so I thought I would add a ruffle of the same fabric on the bottom instead, or look for some green material to match the current buttons or look for some buttons that match the fabric I do have. But for now she loves it and wears it all the time!