Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fast and Easy Chicken Pot Not Pie

 

088

This is a super quick and easy recipe for leftover chicken, but you don’t have to wait until you have leftover chicken to try it. I’m super yummy!

I just take my chicken and cube it, then add a bag of mix veggies and almost a whole family sized can of cream of mushroom OR cream of chicken soup. (maybe you could use two little ones? I’m not sure, I don’t buy little sizes of anything anymore) Sometimes I add a little milk to it too, then salt and pepper.  Then you can either put it between two pie crusts OR you can put it in a casserole dish and put biscuits on the top OR you can put cornbread on the top.  This time I did cornbread. Then you bake it at 350 degrees until the center is heated through and the dough is done, or the cornbread is cooked or the biscuits are cooked.  The cornbread one takes the longest at about 50-60 minutes baking time.  BUT IT”S SO WORTH IT & it’s super fast to put together.

078082084090

My kids will gobble this stuff up. 

P.S. The pie crust version of this recipe freezes really well, just make it all up and instead of baking it cover it with foil and put it in the freezer until you need it.

ENJOY!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi there, well this looks like a delicious recipe. I will have to try it. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris