Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Banana Cake

I was on allrecipes the other day and they had this banana cake recipe on their homepage. And since I just happened to have a lifetime supply of bananas on my countertop I thought I would give it a try.  I made it for FHE and it was a HUGE hit.  I followed the recipe exactly and the cake was moist and fluffy.  I baked mine in a bunt pan; Because I’m not a fan of icing, the only thing I did different was to serve it with vanilla pudding mixed together with 1/2 tub of cool whip and two diced bananas oh and a little caramel sauce. AWESOME.  The other cool part was that is was really easy to send the rest of the cake (just plain) in everyone’s cold lunches the next day.  I’ll be making this again…someday. 
005
*What’s sour milk?  I’ll I do to make sour milk is add 1 tbs. of vinegar to every 1 cup of milk used in a recipe.

3 comments:

Jami said...

I heart banana cake!! Love the idea of the cool whip and pudding mix!
Thanks for sharing!
Smiles!
Jami

Unknown said...

What a YUMMY!!! recipe and GREAT!!! additions. LOVE all the ideas.
Became a follower, come by and visit I LOVE new visitors.

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

Ok..so your purse cake got me to your site...then I saw this..and then i had to go check out the ice cream cake cone..I'm hooked! I love your blog! I'm your newest follower! I would love it if you would check out my blog and become my newest follower! Plus I have a giveaway going on right now!

Have a great night!

Kirsten
www.mushkiloves.blogspot,com