Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Creepy Soap

The kids didn’t have school yesterday, so we made some Halloween crafts.  First we made creep soap, or as my almost 18 month old calls them “scary”

051

My mom had given me this hunk of clear soap, so we decided to use it for our project.  All you have to do is melt it in the microwave.  Then you add any color or scent you want.

014

She had also given me some soap dye and some soap sent.  So we used those too.

015

We found some severed body parts and the Dollar Store, we also used a severed finger mold and some plastic spiders, bats, rats etc.

016017019

We put the severed body parts into a muffin pan, and then covered them with the soap.  Some parts we covered completely, and some we left a bit of them showing.

020021

Then you let them harden, it actually doesn’t take that long.

047048049050051052053055056

The kids love, them and they can’t seem to stop washing their hands Smile 

We also made some Halloween bows for the girls. I found these little guys, on clearance last year @ Michaels and I thought that they would make perfect bow centers, so I got a  pack of them for about 40 cents.

099

I wanted to find some ribbon that wasn’t just the typical black and orange.  I love how this one turned out!

100103

And we did do some that were black and orange.

105

We had a pretty great day.

5 comments:

Calypso In The Country said...

What a fun idea - my kids would love that! Visiting from Not Just a Housewife.
-Shelley

Elle Belles Bows said...

The soap is very cool! My nephews will love it! Very creepy but fun!

Great job on the bows too!

Kerri

Pamela said...

Love the soaps! I have been thinking about making some soap and just have not gotten around to it. You have inspired!

Pamela
Pammiej2002.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

EWE!!! The eyeball one grosses me out! LOVE IT!

Thanks for linking up to Totally Tutorial Tuesdays :)

Jessica

Rhissanna said...

I came here from the polish teh Stars Halloween linky party. These are really cute!