Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal Bread (yeast)

I love making bread, and with 5 kids I make a lot of it.  I also like to experiment with new bread recipes, I have had this idea kicking around the back of my brain for awhile now and last week I gave it a try and it turned out okay but today I made it again and was really happy with the end results.

The recipe

2 cups of warm water

2 TBS yeast

1/2-2/3 cup of honey

6 cups of bread flour ( I used a mixture of whole wheat and white)

3 packets of Apple Cinnamon Instant oatmeal

1/2 cup of dried apples chopped really small

1 tsp. of cinnamon

1 tsp. of salt

2 TBS of oil

1/4 cup of applesauce

Mix in your mixer for 2 min. Let it rise until it doubles then punch it down, dump it out on a floured surface and knead it a few times working in more flour if needed then form it into 2-3 loaves (I’m not really sure how many loaves of bread it will make because I only made 1 loaf and the rest I made into something else) and let it rise until it’s an inch above the pan then bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Remove from pan and let cool and a wire rack.  ENJOY!

053056

No comments: