Tuesday, January 4, 2011

FHE Treats that went sooo Right!

Last night for family night I was going to make plain old rice crispy treats but at the last second I got the idea to make them into S’mor treats instead.  They were soooo GOOD and so easy.

I just line my 9x13 pan with graham crackers made the rice crispies just like always and then dumped a bag of milk chocolate chips on the top.  I was hoping the rice crispies would be warm enough to melt the chips but they weren’t so I just popped it into my oven under the broiler for about 25 seconds and that was enough to melt the chips then I just spread them over the top.  YUM!! (maybe you’re thinking to yourself right now, why are her rice crispy treats yellow? THE ANSWER: I used the French vanilla flavored marshmallows and apparently they turn your rice crispy treats yellow.)  

053054056

MY OTHER FAVORITE RECIPE FOR RICE CRISPIE TREATS IS HERE THEY ARE SO GOOD!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I am TOTALLY using these as bribery...maybe Family Home Evening will go smoothly for once;)
We at the paisley cupcake think your blog is adorable so we have given you an award...to accept just visit our page!
Thanks for sharing:]
-Amanda @
thepaisleycupcake[dot]blogspot[dot]com

Wendy said...

YUM! Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower from the Penny Pinching Party. Would love to have you stop by my site and even join my Tip Day Thursday Carnival (it goes up late Wed nights).

Wendy
Around My Family Table

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

We love rice krispy treats! Love this take on them!

Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

YUM!!!! Thanks for another GREAT link to Fun w/ Food Friday @ Paisley Passions. Hope you stop by again soon!

Janna said...

I am sooooooooo making these for FHE tonight. perfect :)

www.sewinbetween.blogspot.com